Special > Special valves > Needle valve
Needle Valves made of plastic - Advantages, Applications, and Customizations
Needle valves made of plastic offer both advantages and disadvantages compared to other materials such as metal.
Advantages of plastic needle valves:
- Corrosion resistance: Plastic valves withstand a variety of chemicals and do not corrode, making them ideal for use in aggressive environments.
- Lightweight: Plastic valves are lighter than metal valves, making them easier to handle and transport.
- Good insulation properties: Plastics are good insulators, making them suitable for applications with high temperatures or electrical currents.
- Chemical resistance: Plastics are generally resistant to many chemicals, making them suitable for use in chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Cost-effectiveness: Plastic valves are usually more cost-effective than metal valves.
Disadvantages of plastic needle valves:
- Limited mechanical strength: Compared to metal valves, plastic valves have lower mechanical strength and may break or get damaged when subjected to excessive stress.
- Temperature limitations: Plastic valves have limited temperature resistance and can deform or melt at high temperatures.
- Pressure limitations: Plastic valves are less suitable for use at high pressures compared to metal valves.
Applications of plastic needle valves in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and process engineering industries:
- Chemical dosing: Plastic valves allow precise dosing of chemicals in chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Sampling: In process engineering, plastic valves can be used for the sampling of liquids and gases.
- Cleaning processes: Plastic valves are resistant to cleaning agents, making them suitable for cleaning processes in the food and beverage industry.
- Water treatment: Plastic needle valves are also used in water treatment and disinfection processes.
Needle valves made of plastic have advantages and disadvantages in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and process engineering industries compared to other materials. Needle valves are ideal for use in aggressive environments and applications with high temperatures or electrical currents due to their corrosion resistance, lightweight, and good insulation properties. They are also resistant to a variety of chemicals, making them suitable for precise chemical dosing and sampling of liquids and gases. However, they have limitations in terms of temperature and pressure resistance as well as mechanical strength compared to metal valves. Nonetheless, plastic valves are an attractive alternative due to their cost-effectiveness. We offer plastic needle valves in various configurations, including through-hole with internal threads, through-hole with external threads, and an angled version with through-hole and internal threads.
We customize our standard program to meet individual customer requirements. Needle valves find applications in the chemical and process engineering industries, including laboratory and pilot plants. If you have any questions about our plastic needle valves, feel free to call us or send your inquiries via WhatsApp or email.
Optimize your shopping experience with our detailed delivery information
Plastic pipe systems
Overview of plastic pipe systems
Technical information on ABS pipe systems
Technical information on PVC U pipe systems
Technical information on PVC U transparent pipe systems
Technical information on PVC C pipe systems
Technical information on PP pipe systems
Technical information on PP-R pipe systems
Technical information on PE pipe systems
Technical information on PVDF pipe systems
Chemiedur - pipe
Technical information on UP-GF (FRP) pipe systems
UP-GF (FRP) pipes
UP-GF (FRP) molded parts and connection
UP-GF-PP (FRP) molded parts and connection
UP-GF (FRP) adhesive collars
UP-GF (FRP) loose flanges
Pot Strainer DN 200 - DN 500 Inliner PP/FRP Coated
Pot Strainer DN 200 - DN 500 Inliner FRP/CBL Coated
Angle Seat Strainer DN 200 - DN 400 Inliner FRP/CBL Coated
Manhole mad of FRP and PP/FRP
Calculator for cutting pipes
Guidelines for sawing plastic pipe
Leftovers in plastic pipe
Standardization of plastic pipes and molded parts
PVC U pipes deviations
Pressure loss in pipe systems out of PVC U, PVC C and ABS pipe systems
Distinction between Rp, R and G threads
Screw lengths for flange connections
PVC U transparent ball valves
Plastic needle valves
Plastic Valves according to ATEX
New EU guideline 2014/34/EU
Plastic Valves in EX zones
Y-Strainers PP-EL DN 15 - DN 50
Check valves PP-EL DN 15 - DN 50
Angle seat valves PP-EL DN 15 - DN 50
Bonding of plastic pipes
Video showing the bonding of pipes
Guidelines for extrusion welding
Grids / support grids
Grids out of PP -el electrically conductive
Profile support grids out of PP -el electrically conductive
Molded ventilation parts
PVC transparent hose with fabric inlay
Industrial tanks and chemical containers
Dosing tanks and outer containers 35 1000 Liter
Salt dissolving tanks 60 -5000 Liter
Storage tanks and vats
Storage tanks for water
Safety and collecting troughs
Industrial tank delivery program
Dosing tanks with agitator
Dosing tank agitators
Dosing tanks with attachments
Dosing tanks made of sheet material
Customized chemical containers
Dosing tanks with level indicators
IBC screw caps DN 150/DN 200
IBC adapters out of PE
IBC adapters out of PP
MULTI FLEX BLOCK for IBC BULK CONTAINER
Attachment parts for tank construction
CO2 - absorbes
Filter housings and filter cartridges
PENTEK 3G Slime Line filter housings
PENTEK 3G Standard filter housings
PENTEK Big Blue filter housings
PENTEK PP high temperature filter housings
PENTEK PP all nature filter housings
PENTEK filter bags for Big Blue filter housings
PENTEK surface filter cartridges
PENTEK filter cartridges for depth filtration
PENTEK filter cartridges with activated carbon
CINTROPUR filter systems
CINTROPUR water filters
Blind flanges, loose flanges, rectangular flanges
Table of chemical resistance for plastic pipe systems
Machined plastic parts
Milled plastic parts
Loose flanges and blind flanges made of sheet material
Static mixers made of plastic
Single-type and double-type strainers
Pot strainer DN 300
Angle seat strainer DN 500
Variable area flow meters
Configuration tool for flow meters
Laboratory filter presses
Injection molded parts
Scraper made of PE for filter press
Partnership at the highest level.